Transitioning from Access to Quick Base
With Microsoft retiring Access in April 2018, the Access community is looking for a different solution. Quick Base fits the bill. Quick Base is essentially the same as Microsoft Access — only it’s in the cloud and has additional benefits:
Advantages of Quick Base vs. Access:
- Access was single developer focused, whereas Quick Base is more of a collaborative environment.
- Access takes some query skills that Quick Base doesn't. You don’t need to be highly technical to create reports in Quick Base.
- Quick Base was designed to be in the cloud and has been there for 20 years.
- Access often required visual basic developers, Quick Base doesn’t.
- It’s easier to add, update and change information on Quick Base than Access.
- Quick Base allows you to create and customize forms and fields that can be tailored exactly to business needs.
- Quick Base ad hoc reporting allows you to slice and dice information in multiple ways that help to serve different audiences.
- Quick Base can easily integrate with all Microsoft documents as well.
Tailor Quick Base to Your Workflow
VeilSun can help you transfer information from Access to Quick Base. Moving from Access is an opportunity to look at your business workflow and our Technology Blueprint Process is ideally suited to facilitate this as well.